Thursday, March 5, 2009

SIAM 2009 conference in Miami, part I

I am at the SIAM Conference on Computational Science and Engineering (CSE09) and it is awesome. Right now, I am writing from the 50th floor with Pearu Peterson (f2py), Brian Granger (ipython), Fernando Perez (ipython) and John Hunter (matplotlib), I took videos of them and with their permission, posted to youtube. The view from the balcony is spectacular. My own room used to be in the 15 floor in the Hilton hotel and I thought man, this is high, but then I visited Fernando and John in the 50th floor in their apartment and our 20 story hotel looks like a small hut.

As usual, I met lots of old friends and made some new ones. I liked the electronic structure section on Wednesday and a Python section today. I was also working very hard to get mayavi2 working in Sage to be ready for my presentation and it seems I just finally made it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice camera work, you're a natural.